Thursday, October 2, 2014

blech no more!

Imagine this scenario... 7 months of dealing with a knee injury that needed surgery so I wasn't able to really do exercise other than walk. Then, miraculously, I finally had surgery. a few weeks after surgery I started physical therapy. I honestly thought my physical therapist would go easy on me considering how long it had been since I'd been able to exercise... boy, was I wrong! my workouts go for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the workout. I just wasn't expecting it. And neither was my body... sometimes during physical therapy I would begin to "smell" myself. I'd never had this issue before during tough workouts so this really disturbed me. How could *I* smell like that?! EWWW!!!! But I was afraid to try a new deodorant because I have sensitive skin and have had reactions to certain deodorants. Amid all of this stinkiness, I get an e-mail from Influenster (a website that gives free samples in exchange for your honest review of the products) telling me to take a pre-qualification survey. All the questions seemed to have to do with exercise and sweat... but I soon forgot about the survey. Next thing I know they tell me to be expecting my #DoMore Degree campaign box in the mail! Excited and yet nervous (again, sensitive skin), I put the Degree MotionSense to work my first sweaty day of physical therapy. I honestly didn't notice any difference during my workout... but afterward I felt fresher. And I realized I couldn't smell anything but the deodorant. So every physical therapy session since then, I have intentionally "tested the air". There have been no more days of grossing myself out! It's GREAT! AND I haven't had any reaction to it with my sensitive skin! :-D #DoMore #contest

No comments: