About Me
Friday, February 6, 2015
Lovin' The #FrostyVoxBox From Influenster
As a member of Influenster I occasionally receive products for free for testing purposes. I was HONORED to receive an amazing box full of goodies this winter. Here are my reviews/thoughts on each of the products:
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner #Rimmel
- I honestly haven't worn eyeliner in forever except for at fancy events. I used to use liquid eyeliner as I typically like the way it applies compared to a pencil. It took me a while to get the hang of sharpening this eyeliner. It arrived unsharpened but LOOKED like it was plastic casing, so I thought it was a twist to sharpen kind of thing. I couldn't figure it out, so I googled it. Apparently there's a lot of confusion within the general public on this. I eventually found that it does need a sharpener, so I used a sharpener. Because the eyeliner is so soft, it took a while before I was able to get a good point on it without it crumbling all over the place. BUT once I got it all sharpened and ready to go, it applied so smoothly and cleanly. I really love the look of it AND the feel. It was so easy to apply and it wasn't hard to get it to the thickness I like (not very thick) without feeling like I was actually using a pencil on my eyelid. It was wonderful! I will definitely be using this eyeliner for all the times I feel like fancying up my eyes. :-)
Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover #Rimmel
- After wearing my Rimmel Eyeliner, I was able to try this eye makeup remover and feel "brand loyal". haha I have pretty sensitive skin and so I initially used this on my hand (remember, I crumbled eyeliner all over my hand while learning to sharpen it) to see if it felt harsh or if my skin had any negative response to it. It cleaned up my messy hand quite easily and was not harsh at all. It almost felt like I was just using water. So I went to town on my eyes. Oddly enough, it didn't clean up my face as easily as it did my hand. I did have to exert some pressure to get the eyeliner off, but not an uncomfortable amount of pressure. Also, my skin didn't react at all. It was lovely! It really was like using water to clean up. Yet with a deeper clean to get all that eye makeup off. LOVE IT!
NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color #SugarPlum
- I'm actually one of the most picky people when it comes to lipstick. Not just the color but the way it feels. So although I loved how it looked before putting it on, I was worried that I'd hate the texture. I certainly had NOTHING to worry about. Besides the fact that I love the way the color looks on me, I actually did not feel like I was wearing anything on my lips at all. It was perfect. I don't feel that it stayed on that long, but since I couldn't feel it I can't really say for sure. All I know is I LOVE the color and it felt great.
EcoTools Full Volume Styler Hairbrush #LoveMyExoHairBrush
- As a curly haired girl, hairbrushes make a world of difference. When I received this and found it was a round brush I immediately started having anxiety over trying to brush my hair with it. But I wasn't going to let anything stop me from trying it out, so I just reminded myself multiple times that I would give it a fair chance and try it on WET hair only. Leading up to the first use, I was nervous yet excited. Then I started using it on my hair and immediately thought "oh wow! it's not knotting!" It went through my hair easily and without knotting. And bonus points for drying my hair faster than with a regular brush! I don't normally blow dry my hair, so I didn't while testing this hairbrush out. And yet my hair still dried quite quickly. After brushing my hair out and feeling satisfied with how it worked, I started the waiting game on countdown to frizz. Full Volume = Frizz in the world of my hair. I couldn't have been more surprised when hours later my hair still looked good without the frizz. Definitely a great brush at a reasonable price.
Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED ##GetADVANCED
- Because I only received a sample size of this instead of full size, my review on this product is very limited. I did love the way that my skin felt after using it. Quite silky & smooth and no breakouts due to my sensitive skin. I can't say how much of a difference it makes in the long run, but it really did make me want to go out and buy it and give it a chance to renew my skin.
Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea #CelestialTea
- Mint tea has always been my "go to" tea whenever I need some kind of comforting in my body (upset stomach, headache, etc). I don't normally buy tea bags but rather stop by Starbucks and get their tea, even though I Feel it's a bit strong. So I tried Candy Cane Lane on one of those needing comfort occasions. It smelled wonderful, just like a Christmas treat. :-) Then I took my first sip & immediately fell in love. Such a light but distinct flavor with all the comfort of a mint tea.
McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme #McCormickCourmet
- This one was a fun one for me. At first I Was planning on making a meal with it. But then I got the fun idea of making a drink with it. I googled tons of recipes for drinks that used thyme in it. Almost all of them used fresh thyme instead of ground/dried thyme. I took this as a challenge. Thankfully, I found a "thyme syrup" recipe on McCormick's site. For New Year's Eve I was at my best friend's house with her whole family, so I decided to take this opportunity to try out the thyme syrup. I handed the syrup to her husband (the mixed drink master) and said "make something with this". He made a couple of drinks from his regular arsenal of mixes and added the syrup. Everyone LOVED the drinks with the syrup in it. Our favorites were the Thyme Collins and the Caipirinha. It added a freshness and slight minty flavor to all the drinks. A few days later my friend texted me saying "I'm addicted to the thyme syrup!" This was definitely a win for all of us. We've decided that even though it's ground/dried thyme, it still wins and can pass as fresh if used properly.
Fruit Vines Cherry Bites #SweetSide
- I tried so hard to be good and ration these out to their proper serving size... But they were so good that I inhaled them all with no regard to calorie count! hahaha I'm afraid to buy these because I don't know how much self control I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment