About Me
Friday, June 26, 2015
One Pan Pasta
Barilla Pronto pasta is a no drain pasta. It comes in all different styles of pasta. I tried the Penne and Spaghetti pastas. Going into trying these, I had a lot of fears that it wouldn't stand up to my pasta standards... but I WANTED to like it because of its convenience factor.
I actually let my 10 year old twin nieces make the pasta because they love to cook & create. Also, one of them burnt herself a few years ago while draining pasta and has since been afraid of cooking any kind of pasta. The first thing that stood out to them was how simple the instructions were. And the spaghetti noodles aren't as long as typical spaghetti noodles. They decided this was a great selling point because regular spaghetti is "too long".
Aria was in charge of the spaghetti noodles & Lyette oversaw the penne. They started at the same time and put the time to 10 min's for the whole box. When it came to the time they are used to draining the pasta I said "ok, we're almost done!" and they asked where the strainer was. I reminded them "remember, we don't need to strain this pasta." They got so excited! Once the water was mostly gone, Aria went to creating her own spaghetti recipe using salsa as a "secret ingredient" while Lyette went for chicken & feta cheese. The process was so simple that they were surprised at how quickly they finished making their dishes.
Next came the taste test. Not only did the 3 of us try it, so did other family members and friends. Everyone went back for seconds and thirds! When I explained that it was one step pasta and there was no need for draining, people were surprised. One person mentioned that the penne noodles (not the dish, the actual noodles) didn't taste as good as regular penne pasta, but that may have been due to not cooking the noodles long enough.
All in all, the Barilla Pronto pastas are great for busy adults and children without sacrificing quality. I will definitely be using them in the future and recommending them to others.
I received this product for free from Smiley360 in exchange for my honest opinion
http://h5.sml360.com/-/yb5m
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment