About Me
Thursday, August 18, 2016
No More Restless Nights?
As a member of Influenster, I was given a free sample of #Zzzquil Sleep-Aid Gel Tabs to review. I have at least a few sleepless nights a month and was looking forward to trying out this product. I don't typically use sleep-aids, but was open to trying it due to lots of extra stress in my life recently... I welcomed the idea of help getting a better night's sleep.
The first thing I noticed about the gel tabs is how tiny they are. Much smaller than your typical Nyquil tabs. I like that. It also serves as a reminder that it doesn't have all the pain killing ingredients in it.
I waited until the perfect opportunity to take the gel tabs. A night where sleep was nowhere to be find. Hours of restlessness and not even having droopy eyes... but knowing that I had to be awake & alert in the morning. I didn't know what to expect other than hoping that I'd fall asleep soon... but I do know that it wasn't a magic pill for me. I was awake for at least another hour following taking Zzzquil. I did have TVs/radios off and was comfortable in bed... no lights on, no distractions, etc. But I could NOT fall asleep. I just laid there... and kept laying there. Obviously, I eventually fell asleep, but until then I was saddened that I didn't fall straight to sleep. It may have actually made falling asleep more difficult because then I was thinking about how it wasn't working but I needed it to work...
Despite not being able to fall asleep at a reasonable hour, when I woke up in the morning I did not feel groggy or sluggish. I was actually EXPECTING to feel bad in the morning because with any OTC night time medicines I take, typically "the day after OTC hangover" is pretty bad for me. So I was very glad that none of that happened.
Since the first time I took Zzzquil I've tried giving it a couple other chances in hopes that maybe the first time was just a fluke. Unfortunately, for me, the Zzzquil Sleep-Aid gel tabs do not meet my needs. Although they don't work for me, I can't say that they don't work at all... just that they don't work for me. So I would suggest that you try it for yourself to see how your body reacts to it. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment