Monday, January 28, 2008

head explosion... on student appreciation day

the days after conference I'm always a bit zombified... lack of sleep does a number to one's brain. fortunately this last conference wasn't as stressful as the last (thank God I didn't want to kill people, especially close friends, when they screwed up on something and made me look like I didn't know what I was doing! I think I spent all of last conference wanting to kick butt....) so I'm just physically tired. today I had to get back to the normal day to day routine of non-conference life. I woke up on time and made it on the bus and the promptly fell asleep. I woke up just in time to get off the bus. I honestly don't remember the first few hours of work. today is student appreciation day and there were no classes. so I was sitting in my classroom just barely able to stay awake when in came some students that don't get to participate in student appreciation day for some reason or another and I had to baby-sit them. so I killed time by looking at new ringback tones for my cell phone since my old one is about to expire on Thurs. I chose THREE new ones. I enjoy them. haha then the principal came in and got all upset that I haven't been assisting in math class the past few weeks... but she is the one that had me doing all this stuff in here for her and I don't know why she got so upset. I'll probably be back helping in math class in the mornings sometime tomorrow mid morning after I finish what I need to in here. during lunch I got a call from technical support on the piece of equipment that's DRIVING ME INSANE. I spent 2 hrs on the phone with them and it still wasn't fixed. during that time people were in and out of the classroom talking as loudly as they possibly could (yeah, I'm exaggerating... but when you're trying to get tech support over the phone it feels that way) the whole time. mind you, this whole time I'm exhausted and my brain isn't working properly. people are still talking, talking, talking and I start telling the kids to shut up. I get a call back from tech support while more people are in here and the PE teacher is pumping a ball on an electronic (LOUD) pump. we talk for a few minutes and then hang up. I finally got so frustrated with the 3 kids that are in here for being in trouble that i just stopped responding to them. it worked... but only because the rest of the school is outside now playing a teachers vs students game of kickball. I actually kinda want to play, but I gotta baby-sit. now, if it were soccer I'd ditch these kids (lol just kidding!) to go play... but alas, it's just kickball and I won't die from not playing. really, I won't. on top of all this, my left leg hurts like crazy and I don't know why and I haven't eaten lunch. but I think extra sleep tonight will help me a lot. definitely going to sleep almost as soon as I get home.

just a thought before I end this blog... I always read the news via www.fark.com (as well as netscape news and msn news, but that's not important) cuz they put the most random news from around the world. anyhow..... if you know me at all, you know that anything that has anything to do with language, I'm extremely interested in it. actually, I read an interesting article the other day about dying languages. but that's not why I'm writing this. I saw this article about "jargon" in the office. jargon is quite interesting. below is the article (feel free to leave me comments about jargon you find interesting used in your life... it seriously DOES interest me):

"Jargon is an inevitable part of office life and whilst it can often be regarded as baffling and frustrating, there are advantages to speaking the office lingo. These can range from bonding with a team to understanding mind-boggling conference calls."

So says David Clubb, managing director of the Office Angels recruitment firm. A list of new buzzwords compiled by the company includes "blamestorming" (yes, it was YOUR fault) and "boss-spasming" (where everyone tries to look busy when the boss enters the room).

Other useful expressions for those clawing their way to the top are:
• What I really need is some traction.
• Someone needs a bite of the reality sandwich.
• The juice ain't worth the squeeze.
• Put it in the fridge to snack on later.
• We need to bottom this out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh yeah... and I also read this article about WalMart in China . it made me smile cuz Jenn and I were talking about it the other day and reminiscing about it. I hope you enjoy reading about the stuff we can buy at WalMart in China... we miss it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what made you choose those songs for your ringback tones??

Unknown said...

you're ganna be a great novelist... hmm.. walmart?? china??... facinating~>