Saturday, April 19, 2008

my Corvette!!!!!

last week I was talking with a friend about how I need a car and how I would LOVE to have a metallic orange Corvette but would never pay for a Corvette as they're so expensive. I started joking about how maybe God would give me one... I made up some kind of story like me waking up in the morning and going outside to find a metallic orange Corvette in front of my house and that it was for me... so, this morning after not wanting to go anywhere due to too many clouds and me being sleep I finally left my place to come here to study... and alas, look what was seen parked in front of my house (fyi, I live in a "ghetto" part of town and the nicest car you ever see in my area is a Mustang):



ok, so this week was somehow crappy and amazing at the same time... go figure. my foot swelled up like crazy on Wed. from the stupid spider bite and it was hurting like a bruise. by Wed evening I was a bit worried about it. had my friends pray for it and took some allergy meds and iced it up. that helped a bit... but by Thurs morning it was swollen more than it had been on Wed. I'd show you pix, but really you don't want to see how swollen it was from a bite. so gross! so I was freaking out and people were like "you'll be fine, don't worry about it". and then other people were telling me horror stories. so, basically, I was going from relaxed and ok to freaking out about it. it didn't help any that I was literally on my feet all day on Thurs. there was a substitute for the class I help in for math... and, of course, she's not that good at math. so instead of sitting at the back of the class trying to stay awake while the teacher teaches, I was on my feet the whole time teaching the lesson and helping individual students. I prefer doing that anyhow, but my foot didn't like it all that much. I explained some algebra concepts to the part of the class learning algebra cuz they totally didn't get it when the teacher explained it... and she normally has me helping the bigger group of kids that aren't as advanced. so the algebra kids were happy, and so were the other kids... cuz somehow I managed to teach two different lessons in one class period and help all the students that were needing help. perhaps I multiplied myself?! haha after lunch one class was in an assembly so I ended up watching some kids that were in trouble and not allowed to go to the assembly.... then 8th grade came, and I got really mad at the 8th grade teacher. if it weren't for the fact that she's the vice-principal, I would have said something right away. see, I have all my classes working on a big project that will last til the end of the year. I gave each teacher a note describing what we're doing and that they're in groups and etc, etc, etc. I even talked with the 8th grade teacher on Tues about it cuz she was asking me about what their groups were. I told her that they chose their own groups and that she should ask them. wellll.... on Thurs. she sent down half the class (like she always does), but the partners for half of the ones she sent were still in class. and the other half of the class hasn't been to my class in months... literally. so I scrapped the project for the day and taught them how to use powerpoint. I was so angry, though! how could she do that to me after I explained everything to her... GRRRRRR on top of that, I was still freaking out about my enormously huge foot and not knowing what to do about it. after school Shani was there to do my tutoring for me... but somehow my classroom got inundated with students needing this or that and of course I was the one that was expected to help them with everything. then there was drama going on about some 8th grade students... and really, I just never slowed down. when I did finally stop moving, I put my foot up on the desk and just stared at it. haha alrighty, so I ended up being late to my leadership meeting at 6:00 cuz I was buying Claritin for my foot (I took it Wed. night and that seemed to help for about 12 hrs). I asked a friend what to do and he said that it'd be fine and to not worry. I said to myself, "ok, I trust him." even though I didn't believe it. lol when I woke up Fri. morning, my foot was looking fine. I was a bit surprised. it stayed that way for most of the morning. but I was on my feet all day, even though Gwen wanted me to stay off my feet cuz of the bite, cuz I had a million things to do that required standing/walking and so after lunch it started swelling up again. I showed my friend a pic of how my foot looked on Thurs. and he then realized why I had been freaking out so much. fortunately my foot never discoloured, so I knew it wasn't that bad... but the fact that it was so swollen and not itchy at all really bothered me. anyhow, today is Sat. and I have a huge assignment I need to complete today as well as several other things I need to do... but I'm not quite motivated yet, which is why I wrote this tremendously long paragraph. hahaha

I think I shall stop now and try to focus on my work... heck, so far I'm not even focused enough to start my music. I've got my earphones in and iTunes open... and I haven't started it yet! seriously, that's weird. hahahaha I just turned it on and the first song that came on is titled "How's Your Head". I always have it on random, so I end up with a lot of "what the heck?!" moments in the transitions between songs... =0)

No comments: