WHY?!?! why do I always get hurt in the most random ways?! really, I do... it's crazy.
ok, so the other day I was moving a tv with a friend and it was too heavy and I lost my grip or something and we ended up dropping it. anyhow, somehow in the process I messed up the middle finger on my left hand. at the time I assumed I smashed it. just the way my finger looked, it looked like it was reacting to being smashed. the middle knuckle was REALLY swollen (as was the rest of the finger, but there especially) and the finger was sore. the middle knuckle was also kinda bruised. so I woke up Fri. ready to stop by Thrifty, I mean Rite Aid, to buy something to keep my finger immobilized cuz it still hurt. when I finally got to work and was ready to put the thing on.. I looked at my finger. it was so weird! now the top knuckle is all purple and my finger isn't really THAT swollen anymore. well, whatever... it's still sore! and purple! I still don't know exactly what happened to my finger. all I remember is catching a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye while worrying about the dropped tv and saying "I think I hurt my finger". haha so, either I smashed it or I bent it weird in the process of dropping the tv.
doing normal every day activities is difficult when trying not to use your middle finger (especially typing!!!!). you just try moving your other fingers without using your middle finger! not as easy as it sounds... what's funny is after it happened it didn't really hurt that bad. but out of habit or something, every time I moved it and it SHOULD have hurt I'd say "OUCH!" and then realize it didn't really hurt much and say "ohhh.. wait, that didn't hurt." but that only happened when people were around! when people weren't around, it ACTUALLY HURT!!! and I'd just whine to myself when it did. I'm so weird... lol
ok, so enough of that story. I was gonna add a pic to emphasize the purpleness of my finger, but for some reason the pic I sent to myself from my cell phone isn't showing the color as much on my computer. maybe I'll try it again.. *hold on a sec* ok, no... it's not really showing it well so whatever.
last night at church we had our Draw Near event. I knew that an old friend, Jonathan Baird, (along with his band West Coast Revival) that I haven't seen in a while was going to be leading worship. I was excited. so it's before the event and I see Jonathan and ask him how his brothers are doing... and he points to the other two guys with him and says "they're here". holy crackers!!! (yes, I actually reacted like that) I literally haven't seen Aaron and Ryan since maybe 1993! I never would have recognized them. Jonathan looks the same... and also, I see him around about once a year so it's not like I've had 15 yrs to forget what he looked like. I had a great time talking with them. I also forced them to remember their first earthquake experience (yeah, I was with them when it happened. and I laughed!) the same week that they moved here from AZ.
well, my finger has been working overtime trying not to move this whole time I've been typing and now it's achy... so I'm gonna stop typing now. pray for my finger to heal quickly. I don't have time for injuries (well, never have had time for them... and yet I still get them... and never let them heal properly cuz I don't have the patience to let them heal...).
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment