
alrighty, onto another topic. last night when I got home at well past midnight (after an odd conversation with Emily about Wilson talking to his pinky finger... HAHAHAHA) and my cat was attacking me with her affection, I realized something. ever since my heart for China was renewed, my cat has been much, much, much perkier than usual. she's always a goof of a cat and likes to play around... but in the 4 yrs since I've been back from China, she hasn't really purred much. I think it's kind of a sign...... (yes, this is my cat)

mind you, this adorably cute cat of mine is actually Chinese. not because she's a Chinese breed, but because I bought her in China and she lived the first 4 yrs of her life there. she's also more accustomed to hearing Chinese than English... and she doesn't like cheese or milk! on Easter 2001 I went to a pet market (much like the one in the picture below, except that it was mostly on the second floor of an outdoor market) to "just look". actually, I wanted a dog but knew I didn't have the time to take care of one... and besides, I lived on the 5th floor of an apartment building with no elevator. poor dog would NEVER see the light of day! haha so I was at the market just looking at the cute cats and decided to buy a rabbit instead. so I did. wellll, as I was leaving the market, this adorably cute kitten that I'd already stopped to look at twice captured my heart and I bought her too. so I took a ride home on the bus with a kitten in one hand and a bunny in the other. only once did kitten think to pick on the rabbit. I slapped her immediately and she gave up on that. after that moment they were best friends. they'd sleep together, eat each other's food, cause a rucus together... they even played hide and go seek together! (I'm not joking! it was cute) well, come summer time the weather turned way too hot for the poor bunny and it got heat stroke and passed away. poor kitten (by this time they were both fairly big... and you should've seen the way they played! sometimes I was worried the rabbit would hurt the cat! hahaha) was depressed for several months after that. anyhow, I don't know why I just told you all that. all that's important is my cat is now happy again... sometimes annoyingly so. but she's still my "xiao mi mi" (pronounced "sh ow mee mee". it means "little kitty").
I have blisters on the bottom of two of my toes. they feel weird. I put blister band-aids on them and I don't really notice them now... but without those band-aids they feel funny.

yesterday I was talking with Gwen about my poor, poor finger. she says I probably fractured it as it bruised nearly immediately after the incident. I'm just glad that, for once, I followed my instinct after injuring myself and I immobilized it immediately. I've even been good about asking people to help me with stuff like opening things and carrying stuff. it's a huge hit to my "pride" as even when I fractured my back I'd avoid asking people to help me (I literally had to ask a couple of friends to FORCE me to not do things no matter how much I protested and got mad at them or the situation)... but all in all I'm doing well... too bad I can't find a person to type for me. that's the hardest part. typing is no easy task when you're down a finger... and I'm already "handicapped" with short pinkies that I can't fully use when typing! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(disclaimer: this is NOT my hand... but that IS how my pinkies look)
alright, I'll explain the whole thing about my pinkies. a few months ago we had a teachers in-service and were in meetings all day. somehow, me and my friends got seperated from everyone else and had nothing to do... so we were looking through magazines with stuff to use in the classroom. there were politically correct dolls of different races so we were teasing Rey (the Filipino) about the typical looking asian dolls with the bowl haircuts. we were trying to match each other up with different dolls. then we came to the handicapped dolls and I randomly said "I'm handicapped! I have a short pinky!" I then showed them my pinky and we couldn't stop laughing for maybe 1/2 hr. and every time someone walked into the room they'd have me show off my handicap.... we determined that I need prosthetic pinkies. HAHAHAHAHA anyhow, I actually do have difficulties using my pinkies typing and one of them moves funny on its joint so I tend to forget it even exists. hahaha wow... I have weird stories~
well, I've got to go now. time for me to go do stuff. hope you enjoyed my blog! =0)
No comments:
Post a Comment