Thursday, June 12, 2008

justification

so, as you probably noticed from my blog post yesterday, I was quite upset... I came in today and all was well! apparently the sub left her own note trying to justify her actions. but the note I left and the evidence the kids brought in (as I had told them to bring in their tests to show to her) and what they told her proved opposite of what the sub was telling her. the class teacher is still on medical leave (she had surgery) but rather than having the sub come back she is having her daughter teach. her daughter is a high school Spanish teacher, so she knows how to deal with the class. I only talked with her for a few min's but I can tell she's a good teacher and a nice person. :) I also asked the students about her and they're really happy with her. she taught yesterday while her mom did grading and stuff. anyhow, I'm really glad that sub isn't back cuz I would've had it out with her today if she did the same thing she did on Tues. (which probably would have ocurred since she was planning on giving them another test in which they HAD to do the work her way or else they'd get it marked wrong)

anyhow, enough about that awful situation. I don't need to think about it anymore as it's all taken care of. YAY!!! =0)

so, my finger... yeah... yesterday and today I did the weirdest thing. the moment I woke up (you know, that moment when your eyes open up and you're semi-aware of your surroundings but really you're actually still asleep) I put my hand up and bent my busted finger ALL THE WAY, which resulted in me going "owwwwwwwwwwwwww" and then having a sore finger for the following several hours. I really don't know what's going through my mind when I do that. it's so random. even weirder is later in the afternoon after the soreness has worn away, any time I accidently bend my finger it doesn't really hurt that much. well, unless I do stupid things like I did this morning and accidently smacked it on a desk. yeah, that wasn't fun....

today's my last day of teaching here... I'm gonna miss my students (whom I still have not told I won't be back next year)... but I know the timing and the changes ocurring in my life are perfect for right now. next week is last week of school stuff and 1/2 day all week. I have to clean up the classroom and all the computers! ACK! that's an over time job... haha well, at least it won't be majorly boring... that'd stink.

I don't know what I'm going to do right now... I finished grading and someone brought in my leftover pizza from Tues. and I can smell it. so tempting.

anyhowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww "881" (that's "bye bye" in Chinese net slang)

No comments: