I can't believe I'm turning 30 in less than a month... it doesn't seem real. somehow I feel like the 4 yrs in China were the years I grew personally/spiritually the most yet I didn't grow physically (well, other than gaining weight... but you would too during the winters I lived there! good food and freezing cold weather leads to weight gain). now it's been 4 yrs since I've been back from China. seriously, 4 years?! the first year felt that long... yet the following 3 seem to have flown by... including the fall from 7 ft resulting in 2 spinal compression fractures, the car accident with 2 big rigs... and what else? I don't remember... I've managed to not injure myself seriously since the car accident. that's pretty amazing! haha sorry, I'm just writing in flow of thought. I haven't felt motivated to write a blog in a while and now I want to write a blog but can't seem to think up a theme. so you get my thoughts. :-D lucky you! :-P
lately I've been nearly as busy as I was before when I was teaching and working at church and had no car... but I'm having so much FUN being busy! I have time to hang out with everyone and also study and do my work and whatever else. I just wish my weekends were more free... maybe one day they will be. anyhow, having a car and only one job has opened up so much time. although, I still need a new car. Speed Racer is becoming a grumpy car. he makes funny noises and has a bad case of the shakes. I think he's just old. haha why am I talking like he's a human being or something? I'm so goofy some times.
so, last week someone tortured me with a youtube video... torture as in I was laughing hysterically but then regretted it cuz I couldn't get the song out of my head. I've decided the only way to help me get over this problem is by getting the song stuck in as many other people's heads as possible. please humor me and watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8 somehow I keep finding myself wanting to listen to it... and watching the people singing backup... wow, hysterical! and the guitarist and bassist are totally rocking out. what were they thinking?! oh yeah... notice the 70's style clothes? yeah... this was recorded mid 80's. sad.
for about a week I had absolutely nothing to do in the office. it was so frustrating! I hate sitting around with nothing to do, ESPECIALLY at work. I'd try to make up stuff to do and end up frustrated because there seriously was nothing to do. last Thurs. I spent nearly the whole day on facebook leaving comments for people, etc. I had fun doing that, yet felt useless. yesterday I was ECSTATIC to have work to do. not only just "some work" to do but enough to keep me busy the whole day and not actually have to force myself to leave work to do today... but enough so that I actually HAD to leave stuff for me to do today cuz I didn't have time to do it yesterday. lovely! I like having maybe 3 days of busy-ness like that and one catch up day. or even a catch up half a day. at least in China when I'd get bored after teaching classes and having my lesson plans ready, I could walk around the field or sneak up to the roof to play my tennis game. OH MY GOSH! I almost forgot about that game! I have it here. :-D I want to play but need to find a place to play... and a person to play with. it's an amazing game. basically, you have a racquetball attached to a huge rubber band that you clip to something weighted. you hit the ball and it comes back. you can play by yourself or with another person. it's great exercise! when I had the chance, me and Mrs. Chu used to sneak up to the roof and play. we had so much fun, even though we sucked at it... and the kids in the school next door could totally see us playing. HAHAHA I'd put a picture of the game... except I don't know what exactly it's called and I'm having focus issues so I'm not doing too well on finding a pic of it on google.
I'm suddenly exhausted. strange... perhaps it's due to the coffee I just had? but that doesn't make sense. I've only had one latte from Starbucks in over two weeks! I'm feeling so accomplished. hahaha I stopped for two reasons. one, I'm fasting from it... cuz it's the hardest thing for me to fast right now. hahaha I think I'm semi-addicted to the pumpkin spice latte. also, I gain a freakin lot of weight from any drinks that contain milk. seriously. I thought I was losing my mind or something... last week someone explained to me that that probably means I'm lactose intolerant. HELLO?!?! I've got nearly 30 years of my life and didn't figure that one out?! *sigh* I guess it means I only gain weight from it... how sucky! haha good thing I'm not a big milk drinker. I'm just gonna have to start ordering soy milk at the 'bucks from now on. I hope that helps! ok, back to my point.... I think I had one? anyhow. I'm really tired and not sure why. I think my body is just telling me it's time to sleep. wow. way too simple and obvious, yet completely true. I'm glad I'm gonna just study and sleep tonight. I need a slow night. I've been non-stop all week. but it was fun. massage & dinner on Monday with Melissa. racquetball on Tues. with Danielle. Wed. was cell group. last night after prayer meeting we played pool. I definitely need a break.
lately my cat has been more than ever clingy. she'll sit on my lap as soon as I get home and she'll sleep right next to me, even on hot nights. that's really abnormal for her. Jeewon suggested that might mean an earthquake is coming soon cuz her cats are acting psycho too. I'm hoping not. but it's a possibility. I wasn't around my cat the last time (her only time) we had an earthquake. my parents were cat sitting. maybe I should ask them how she was acting before the quake. I know how she was acting afterwards cuz I checked up on her. poor thing probably thought the world was coming to an end. HAHAHA but it probably wasn't as scary as Chinese firecrackers are to her. those things spook her to no end. I mean, when they're many and at the same time.... like on Chinese New Year. I don't blame her, though. it gets freakin' loud. I wonder if I suffered hearing loss from it. teeheehee I just remembered that 2 years in a row by 2 different people that we accidently sent a firecracker straight through the school apartment sign. hahahahaha I almost forgot about that! wow....
this week was my cousin's son's birthday. he turned 18. I feel so old.... I remember the day he was born. he was 3 months premature. lots of health problems. wow... I can't believe 18 years have passed. I remember me and my brother spoiling the snot out of him. hahahaha he was/is our surrogate little bro.
welpers, I ran out of stuff to say for now... well, not really. but as I said earlier, I'm having focus problems. and also I'm exhausted. and I don't want to keep rambling. :-D
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment