I admit I suffer from extreme lack of sleep... according to Wikipedia (note: I don't know why I'm using wikipedia... I've banned my students from using it cuz it's not always accurate. I guess I'll blame lack of sleep), there are many physiological effects that result from it. I'd say I suffer/have suffered from about 16 of those... weird, I had no clue that lack of sleep could cause colour blindness. and I don't intend on finding out for myself if it's true for me or not! ok, your task... determine which of those 16 things I suffer from when I don't get enough sleep. I'm sure you can figure most of them out. :)
not much going on with me. I finally got stuff figured out about my 2 courses that I never got information on. what else? ummm... I have Monday and Tuesday off from work!!! (which means I'll have time to focus on homework assignments and try to continue making up for lack of sleep, like I did today)
this past Thurs night (aka Valentine's Day), I went with several people from Remnant on an outreach. we were at a mall handing out red carnations to people and sharing God's love. little did we know that the mall was closing about 1/2 hr after we got there, so it was pretty empty. but whatever, that's not too important to my story. :) I was leading one of the small groups (we were in groups of 3) and the 2 guys with me were being quiet... so I was the one being bold and going out to talk to people, etc. at one point I saw 5 firemen and said, half jokingly, to the guys with me "go give them flowers!" they looked at me like I was insane and said they weren't about to. then they told me to. I said, "ok, I will!" I don't think they were expecting that reply. anyhow, I just walked straight up to these 5 buff firemen and say happy valentine's day and hand them flowers and start talking to them. the guys with me were behind me probably wondering how in the world I got the guts to do something like that. after I talked with them for a while, one of the guys with me FINALLY decided to join in on the conversation... "so, tell me... how many hours a day do you guys work out?" hahaha yes, he seriously said that. he talked with the other guys, while the asian kept talking with me. yeah, "the asian". something about me and asians... go figure! :-P I had fun that night. after we did our outreach, some of us went out to eat and then to a movie (Step Up 2). if you don't watch the movie for the acting, it's pretty good. there was one part in the movie that the acting was SO lame that everyone in the theater laughed out loud. it was pretty funny. on the way home, I was in the car with 2 of my friends... one of them asked us if we knew the song Baby Beluga, so I immediately started singing it. somehow that ended up in a remix version of it. too weird! then we got back to Jinder's place so everyone could get their cars and head home... but instead we got in weird conversations about us all being part of a dance crew and what our nicknames would be. they were lame names... I've forgotten them all.
so, it's already mid-Feb and I feel like I haven't achieved much other than work this year. I need a week off to catch up on life! or at least sleep...
today I was looking at pictures from a friend's b-day party back in Sept. I kinda forgot about one pic in the set... of me and a guy friend. I just don't know what to think about it. the way he's looking at me. was it just a coincidence that he was looking at me when the pic was taken OR was he looking at me like that on purpose and the camera happened to catch it? does that even make sense? whatever... I just wish I knew what he was thinking. been driving me crazy for a few months. I mean, I can handle it... but at the same time it's frustrating. last night I had a dream with him in it. in the dream I went to China with some friends and then came back to America. I got REALLY mad at him in the dream (I almost said "for a lame reason", but really, if you knew the whole reason why I was mad at him... it'd make sense). at one point I almost texted him (not quite sure if it was IN my dream or if it was during one of the moments I had woken up and was lying there annoyed at him still but being only half awake so I was still thinking the dream was real) to get mad at him. anyhow, later on in the dream I walked past him with a friend and I hadn't really noticed much other than the fact that he was there (I was still mad at him) when she mentioned that she noticed he was pretty much stuck on me. thing is, it's a new friend that said that and she knows nothing about anything. I was shocked. still am a bit shocked... I don't know why. I've had enough people in real life that know nothing about anything ask me questions about him, so why would I be shocked about a dream?! well, whatever... I can honestly say that I am happy being just friends with him... but having more would be a nice perk. :-D HAHAHA (I don't want to see you people leaving me comments trying to figure out who the guy is! I'm not gonna tell you! :-P )
ok, I'm going to bed now... because... well, I'm tired! it's a good enough reason for me. ah yes, and my back hurts. and when I sleep I don't feel back pain. so, sleep is my natural pain killer. (should've seen how much I slept after fracturing my back and being in the car accident... you wouldn't think it's possible to sleep 24 hrs straight and then go immediately back to sleep...)
I hope the weather is nice tomorrow. I've been enjoying sunlight! leaving the house before sunrise and getting off work around sunset really messes with your internal system.
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I tagged you for a silly meme on my blog.
www.gombojav.blogspot.com
Post a Comment