
is it really just me or is it that when someone says "I love to laugh", you inevitably think about Mary Poppins? and sometimes start singing... yeah... probably just me and a handfull of people. but I don't mind. I do love to laugh and I like thinking about that movie. I find it ridiculously cute and entertaining. maybe I'm just odd?

I totally forget what I intended on sharing about in this blog... I started it yesterday and got distracted and saved it to finish later....
I can't believe it! I leave for Mexico in two weeks. I'm really excited. I haven't been there in 10+ years... I'm bringing a video camera. that'll be awesome. I probably need to buy more cassettes, considering we'll be there for a week... I don't even know what I'm going to be doing there. that's the best part! haha they're lucky they chose me to be the one to go with the flow... cuz I've learned to be amazingly good at that. this is coming from the person who is notified 10 min's after school started that they need her to teach. and yes, that's happened to me both in China and here. and both places I had to make up my own lesson on the fly. sometimes I think my best lessons come from that moment of pressure. other times, not so much. haha
I'm getting really excited about the summer. it's like it's another stepping stone for me. I don't have anything major that I'm looking forward to. school will be out of session. I'll be working. heck, I don't even know when I'm going to China yet! and I've gotta figure out what's going on with my "last semester" (hopefully) for school. but none of that seems important to me. I'm happy just being. I can't imagine being anywhere else in this time of my life. even with all the uncertainties and confusion... I know that in this time in my life I'm meant to be here. and I'm satisfied with that.
so, tonight I'm going to be working video for LA Children's Chorus . I barely found out at like 3:00pm yesterday. actually, all I'm really doing is turning on all the equipment... sitting around til the program is done... and then turning it all off. I know after it's all done that I'm gonna end up striking the stage and setting it up for tomorrow morning. so I'll probably be there til about 11:00pm or later... if it's too late, I think I might just sleep at church. that way I don't have to wake up as early tomorrow and worry about catching the bus, etc, etc, etc. sounds like a perfect plan to me. :-)
this week I've been working on program scheduling for iworshiphere.com, specifically for the month of July . the only problem is... well, actually, there are a few problems. the most prominent problem being that we don't know what programs we're definitely going to have available to fill our schedule. next problem is that at this time we don't have enough programs to fill it... and also, we don't know what our rebroadcasting audience aim is. I'm guessing somewhere like in Korea, so that's what I planned for... what other problems do we have? I don't know... just lots of stuff coming up. so right now I've got a tentative schedule that will fill MAYBE half of our slots... and the calendar isn't working right... and I've also got the whole editing thing in the back of my mind as I'll have to edit services immediately after they're done... I'm gonna be a busy person... gonna be?!?! I already am... oh well~ I actually have fun with this kind of stuff... which reminds me, I changed a lot of stuff on the schedule due to our new schedule for July for services. I also need to make sure that I put rebroadcasts for the right time... and figure out how I'm gonna have wireless internet at home as I'll need to be available to switch programs in the middle of the night or early morning... oh well, it'll work out. :)
ok, enough for now. I need to study for my Chinese final on Fri. I might write later while working for LACC. haha
1 comment:
why would you love to laugh? you're just weird.... ;0)
Post a Comment