Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my claws came out! >_<

it takes a lot to provoke me to fight back... it really does. sometimes I'll get upset when I'm being personally attacked... but to really provoke me, you need to do something to "my kids". that includes any kid I mentor or teach (and also includes my "little" bro, who is now 27 yrs old. geepers).

so, yesterday I was provoked to the point of being so mad that I'm not going to let up til this problem is taken care of. there's been a sub in a class I assist in for the past few weeks. she's been a little annoying and frustrating for the past few weeks but I dealt with it and told the kids they had to as well. (for them to be complaining, it was a big deal... as they want THEIR teacher back, who they always complained to me about. even sometimes saying they hate her.) well, yesterday she broke the camels back and I had to walk out of the room before I started chewing her out in front of the kids. they came to my computer class all in a rage ready to tell me what the teacher did. now, sometimes they're upset and they're just being kids so I didn't take their whole story right away. I always ask for the facts and then triple check what they are saying. so I talked with several students and got the story straight. the sub was making them start over a chapter (FYI, this is in math) because they didn't do the work the way SHE wanted them to, even though it's taught in the book 2 different ways and before she came we had taught them both ways & said to do it the way that was easier for them. well, apparently SHE can't do it the easy way (which I have proof of, as I've watched her screw it up several times and she wasn't able to figure out why even though the kids pointed it out to her) so that's why she did that... but making them start it over and do it the way that they don't understand even though both ways are right? ridiculous! they also told me that on their test they got stuff wrong for not doing it her way... so I went back with them to class after my lesson with them to look at their tests to see if they were exaggerating. nope... they totally weren't! I told them to not worry about it and I'd get it straightened out with their regular teacher. as I was looking at one paper with a student (honestly, not one of the students who shows much respect for substitutes so it was bad timing. but I did tell the student to let me take care of it). she comes over and asks in a really nasty voice "what's going on here?" I told her I was looking at the test and was wondering why it was out of 22 points rather than 18 (cuz there were only 18 questions). instead of answeing ME she starts getting an attitude with the student, who hadn't said a word to her. of course the student tried to defend herself but ended up getting frustrated. after that was "figured out" she asked if that was all... and I pointed out an answer that I knew was right but she had marked wrong... and she once again got attitude with the student. I pretty much left after I got the student quiet cuz if I didn't, I would have had it out with the sub right there. that wasn't the only paper that she marked things wrong even though they were right... and she even marked something that was wrong as 1/2 right just because they wrote the formula out. it's ridiculous. so yeah, I've been seething about that since yesterday and am not at school today to talk with the regular teacher about it. I did leave her a note. I'm so frustrated!!!!!!!!!! >_<

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should meet chuck..you can take out your frustration on him!! just for fun! LOL