Friday, June 20, 2008

so far so good!

Germany won yesterday and Turkey won today! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*looking around nervously* no, I'm not excited at all... hahaha

ok, let me tell you... this obsession with soccer did not randomly start. in 2004 (last Euro Cup) I was GLUED TO THE TV literally over night for several weeks so that I could watch every game. obsessed? yes... but I don't care! haha I think I got, on average, about 2 hrs of sleep a night. lack of sleep, you think? but nobody in the office/school cared cuz they all came to me for recaps of the games if they happened to fall asleep or miss a game. yes, I was living in China at that time. actually, it was my last summer living in China. awwwww..... *cue violin music*

today I got an e-mail out of nowhere from one of my coworkers during the time of Euro2004. oh my goodness, too funny! we haven't talked for 4 yrs.... but Euro2008 has reunited us! =0) he was writing to remind me about our summer of Euro2004 and how badly we wanted Italy to win... and this time Italy actually has a chance (Bulgaria beat their butts in 2004... Bulgaria? BULGARIA! ARGH!!!!!! seriously, they could've at least lost to Germany, France or Portugal... but Bulgaria?!?!) so that's why he wrote to me. so that we can pray for Italy to win. :) yup! that's exactly what he said we should do! pray for Italy to win! you know I am! well, read my last blog if you haven't already and then you'll really know what I'm hoping for.

I can't believe I'm going to miss Sunday's game with Spain and Italy... totally ridiculous! that's gonna be an amazing match. tomorrow is Russia and the Netherlands. no opinion there, really. but I think the Netherlands might be able to do it.

how the heck is it that I'm going to miss ALL of the important games! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! maybe I'll find a way to stay up and watch Wed. and Thurs.'s games online while in Tijuana. I'm gonna be all over next Sun's game! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, sorry about the abundance in soccer talk the past 2 days... I guess my little "secret" is now out in the open. you're just lucky it's not a World Cup year. I commit much time to the World Cup. it's not til 2010 and will be in South Africa. hmmm.... that means I don't know how I'm gonna watch morning games... booger. well, I have 2 yrs. to figure it out. :)

yesterday was my last day teaching. I purposely didn't tell the kids I was leaving unless they specifically asked me. so when I told the one class I work with the most that I won't be back... there were many tears and looks of shock. it was really hard. I've poured out so much into their lives. and my co-workers' lives. I'm going to miss all of them but I know this is where I'm supposed to be... and I promised them I'd at least visit every once in a while.

well.... I need to go now. hope my soccer blog didn't bore you to death. that'd suck!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Our hallmates have been enjoying it as well....loudly and with plenty of alcohol. That makes us less happy about the situation. Its kind of funny--they've been throwing such big parties that they moved their beds into the end of the hall to have more floor space (I guess). But I don't know where they are sleeping now. This building never ceases to amaze me.