I understand the main point that Forrest Gump was getting at... "you never know what you're gonna get". but really, how is life like a box of chocolates? I mean, we all know that the next chocolate we're gonna take is CHOCOLATE and it'll be sweet. and if we've hand chosen our box, we definitely know what we're gonna get. (great... now I'm craving See's) but life is definitely not that predictable. I mean, even just knowing that the next thing you take from the box is more predictable than a lot of things that have happened to me in life... and I'm sure you guys have experienced situations in which you're like "where the heck did THAT come from?!?!" definitely not a box of chocolates... what is life like? it's more like a "fun house" at the fair. hahahaha what do you think life is like? hmmm....
well, even though life isn't as predictable as a box of chocolates, I still enjoy it. most of the time, that is. I wouldn't have it any other way.
ok, I know that the previous two paragraphs were way random... yeah, that's what I was thinking about at 6:00am while walking to the bus. I don't really know where the subject came from. I know I didn't sleep well the past two nights. but I don't really feel tired. I stayed awake the whole bus ride. that's like... the second time in how many months?! HAHA I spent the first 20 min's of the bus ride trying to place the Chinese accents of these two older Chinese men, on the bus that, were talking. I determined that one of them is definitely from Sichuan province. the other could likely be from either Dong Bei (north eastern China) or Shandong province (the province I lived in).
yeah, as you can tell... I am way into accents. I love listening to them, imitating them, placing them, etc. languages and accents... so much fun to me! weird, eh? ok, maybe not so weird if you know me at all. that's just me. it gets kinda "dangerous", though. sometimes, without thinking, I'll repeat something I've just heard in the same accent that I heard it in. I do it so that I can remember the particular sound that stuck out to me and to see if I can produce the same sound. because of that, I can still remember some of the things that were said on the bus, in China, to announce the coming stops and exactly how they were pronounced. sometimes I do it in regards to certain sentence structures or phrases as well. I did it a LOT in China but have tried to cut down on it since being back in the states.
that's not all I did in China... I would also just talk about people or things in English without really caring if people overheard because most people couldn't understand. I seriously could have gotten myself in trouble over that in the states! I forgot people here understand English (yes, I realize that I should have know that... but habits are hard to break) and once I saw a lady with a WEIRD hair style... yes, I commented about it out loud. and when I say "out loud", I mean Chinese style out loud... which is LOUD. hahahaha I felt stupid when I realized people could understand what I was saying. and then I tried to be all smart by using Chinese when I didn't want people to know what I was saying. yet again, feeling stupid cuz so many people in L.A. speak Chinese... *sigh* I don't know why it was so hard for me to figure all that out. haha
ok, yeah, this was a weird random blog... and I have to post it now as I just found out I probably won't have internet at home... for a while~ GRRRRRR!!!!!! I NEED INTERNET!!!! it's ok, I'll talk to my sis-in-law's mom and see if we can get something worked out...
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i want some see's too. YUM E. i said that with an accent.
Post a Comment