Friday, February 1, 2008

odd things~

one could definitely say that my life consists of many odd things... not just the things that happen around me, but my dreams, my friends, my life, my thoughts, my conversations, etc, all of them are odd... typically odd in a good way. anyhow, I just think it's interesting how odd all the stuff in my life can be, including myself, yet I'm a very down to earth person. it intrigues me.

I really don't have much to say. I'm frustrated with my blog right now because I've been wanting to make a blog about something for a few days but have been too busy... and I needed to be on my laptop to do it because that's where there was a pic I needed to use. well, I just started on that blog and had to postpone it as the blog wasn't inserting my picture! >_< (that's an angry/frustrated face, for all of you that don't know)

I can reminisce about the day. I was sent on a donut run shortly after getting to the office. the weather was so nice today that I really enjoyed it. when I got back, somehow Jonder, Gwen and I ended up in a conversation about raising bilingual children. well, really, I still don't know how Jonder got on the topic of having children... he's the one that brought it up and was telling all about how he would do things raising his kids and from there we ended up on the bilingual subject. my expertise were called upon, but I kept trying to back out of the conversation cuz that's a subject that I can talk about for hours and Jonder needed to go to Rite Aid to get the pix for his visa to India.

I'm really exhausted. I can't believe I'm still awake. I'm definitely sleeping in tomorrow. if you wake me up... I will not be a happy camper! although, I have so much to do tomorrow that I might wake myself up. hahahaha I'm so weird. fortunately, my task of buying a certain birthday present has been made easier by the fact that my friend will be buying it for me since she works at the store I need to get the present from. that way I don't have to worry about finding a way to get out to REI. I mean, I still need to go shopping to get all the ingredients for the Chinese New Year shindig... and I don't even know what I'm gonna be making, yet! haha dumplings are a must. especially brocolli ones, they've been requested many times the past few months. might as well give the fans what they want. haha

ok, so the other week my dear friend brought up the subject of love languages. long story on how we got on the subject... not important to explain in this blog. I really didn't know what my love language is (for receiving, but I definitely know for giving)... tonight I asked another friend what she thought my love language is. she made a stab at it and then decided she'd look online for a quiz to determine it. (I had no clue such thing existed... I never read the book. it, along with all the broohaha about it, came out while I lived in China. I'm lame.) so we found the quiz and I did it. (the quiz can be found at http://www.greaterquest.com/LoveLanguages.asp ) here are the shocking results:

Love Language
3 Words of Affirmation
7 Quality Time
4 Receiving of Gifts
7 Acts of Service
9 Physical Touch

so yeah, apparently I really like the whole touch thing... (shut up, you! I know what you're thinking!!!! >_< those pictures prove nothing.... lol ok, maybe they do... but yeah....) I'd like to know what your results are. if you feel comfortable with it, go ahead and leave me a comment with your results.

ok, ok... it's 11:00. I really shouldn't be awake now. in fact, I should have been asleep hours ago. I need my beauty sleep! or just regular sleep. any sleep will do at this point. *yawn*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting blog....you mentioned me alot and i didn't know about it LOL
i'm gonna miss the fact i won't get to shop with you this weekend or attend the dinner....sadness =(

Ruth said...

Broccoli dumplings? I don't think I've ever had that flavor, but it sounds good! Just FYI, once I go back to China, I won't be able to see your blog.

Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough, my primary love language was physical touch too. and my secondary one was quality time and the other ones i scored 5s.

Anonymous said...

very interesting!!!

: )

Anonymous said...

cool test, my love language is physical touch too.My second was words of affirmation,then quality time,sirvice and gifts. :)