conferences are amazing.... but they are so tiring. not just physically. emotions become raw. little things affect me, big things I either laugh at or they drive me to the brink of my emotions. this conference was more of a roller coaster than usual. I had been studying all of the Mon. and Tues. before it, so I was already tired. Wed I was fine... Thurs. I was on a major caffeine rush for most of the day. I really shouldn't have had THREE caffeinated drinks. I know my body and that just doesn't work for me. so, by the end of dinner break I was kinda bouncing off the walls. I was trying to get food in me to counteract the effects of the caffeine and it just wasn't working. then I sent a random, REALLY WEIRD, text to some people that sent them into fits of laughter and shock. seriously, I was beginning to scare myself. hahaha went out to K-Town for dinner with a few people. that's when my caffeine crash came. although, I partially blame the way I felt on Gabe's driving. ;) anyhow, Fri. I planned to make it through the day with no caffeine and survive. I made it through the day but was moody as heck. I was also exhausted. and of course, that's the day that stuff just kept going wrong. I wasn't much fun to be around for big chunks of the day. I broke down when the keyboard and mouse on my computer went insane shortly before the service began. it was AWFUL! and people kept asking me if I could check if I had the lyrics to this or that in time for service, but I couldn't do ANYTHING and was really stressing out. I survived the day and made it home and went straight to sleep. Sat. I was feeling good. I woke up in a not awful mood. I was awake and not requiring caffeine, but decided to have it "just in case". the day went pretty well til dinner break when I kinda broke down. I was upset about something that happened. I say I was "angry" but really I was hurt by the whole situation. I later let him know and said that I'd like to talk about it some time. we'll see how that goes when it happens. then there was this huge misunderstanding about a DVD and I was frustrated as I was trying to follow what I KNEW was going to happen but people kept insisting that they knew what needed to be done with the DVD and in the end I gave in and then it made the problem bigger. then there was another misunderstanding with sound and somebody tried to lay the blame on me. I was semi-defensive when he did that, even though I know exactly why he did try to blame me cuz I would have done the same thing... HAHAHA besides, I had rushed over to save him in the first place. I just didn't expect him to catch on to the blame game so fast. I got home after that day and even though I was tired I read for a little just to relax. Sunday was... well, I was tired in the morning (7:00am call time) but I was at the point of being so tired that I'd lost my mind. LOL what a PERFECT way to meet Kevin Prosch (for the second time. him: "were you around last time I played?" aka about 10 yrs. ago. me: "yeah... I was the one that did the overhead projector for you, sitting on stage". him:"ohhh... yeah.... ha ummmm... good seeing you again?" me: "HAHAHAHAHA".). yeah, fortunately I'm not the kind of person that gets intimidated by "famous" people. so I didn't care that I was acting like a goof and not always making sense. :) he called me a "pest" once, jokingly, too. yes, he was joking! I also put tape on his computer and keyboard... LOL anyhow, yeah, I survived the conference and went home EXHAUSTED. I slept in real late today and then now I'm awake but my brain is asleep. I'm sitting at the cafe trying to convince myself to do my homework but I don't think it'd be a good idea to do it with my brain in "brain lag" mode. so I'm wasting time til I feel I'd be able to do it. oh my gosh!!! I've been here for 1 1/2 hrs already... *sigh* I need to get this stuff done~
ok, this is a really short blog post... but I can't think... and I highly doubt you'd want to read ALL that happened during conference. besides, I don't want to mention too many names of people... so, yeah... til next time! :)
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment