you know what's hard? trying to do a homework assignment without knowing what was covered in the book... that is what I've been trying to do for the past 2 days. I'm gaining ground... but some things are just not working out for me. I mean, how am I supposed to answer "while playing chess with her father, why did the girl lose?" if I didn't even know there was a girl and her father and that they were playing chess?!?! yeah.... not so easy. my head hurts now~ probably doesn't help any that I have like a million things running through my head right now and I don't feel like concentrating too hard on anything. music usually helps me but even that isn't helping any right now. and I've spent like 3 out of the past 4 days in this cafe and am debating putting a big tip in their jar.... they deserve it. and they're really nice people~ :-)
I woke up late today... I was feeling yucky. I couldn't sleep last night cuz of pain... I think I took too much medicine and it made me groggy and dehydrated. BLECH! it felt good to finally leave the house, though... but my poor kitty didn't like it when I left. she misses me. poor thing~ I spend more time with her now than I did in China. but then again, she had more room to move around in China. my BEDROOM was bigger than where I live now... and I had a whole other bedroom, living/dining room, bathroom and kitchen (which I always kept closed... cuz she'd break into my bread! lol). poor thing must feel claustrophobic.
you know, I always find the reaction people have when I say I brought my cat back from China quite intriguing. yes, I know it's random and interesting that she's a REAL Chinese cat... but people make such a big deal out of it. my bro's dog was from Korea. we both import our animals. lol but my cat is a Chinese cat through and through. she doesn't like dairy products or chicken... her favorite is tuna fish. oddly enough, she doesn't like pork all that much either. but she will eat random pieces of bread and crackers. maybe she's just weird? I also talk to her in Chinese ALL THE TIME. she actually does understand, too. of course she feigns not understanding when she knows she's in trouble, though... (either that or she hides as best as she can)

anyhow.... ummmm... I'm sitting here listening to my iTunes. people think I'm random... they'd think I'm even more random if they listened to my music as i do... my whole play list on random. gosh, sometimes the transitions are hysterical. I have such an odd mix of music and love it all. and I sing along to it normally... sometimes even while I'm here at the cafe. which is probably a bad thing, but I don't care. you should see me walking through Trader Joe's! I'm entertaining and rub off on everyone else.
I'm still trying to kill time before I get back to studying. I need a mental break... but I get so bored online. really, I do. unless... hmmm... YESSS!!! I'm gonna look at ethnologue.com . that should entertain me for a while. and I'll actually be learning stuff! (not anything I need for school... but I still find it interesting) after that, I might look at linguasphere.com . gosh, I'm such a nerd... I entertain myself online by reading about languages. but hey, if I enjoy it and I'm learning something, why not?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment