this morning, while on the bus, I distinctly remember thinking about something I really wanted to write about in this blog.... but now I can't remember at all what it was about~
I think today's events screwed with my brain! haha yesterday I was asked to substitute for 1st grade. I was all prepared and ready, mentally and physically. I get into class and Rosa, the other computer teacher (who was told she was to substitute for 7th grade today), comes in and tells me that she's covering 1st grade and I was needed in 7th grade. I walk into 7th grade and there's a sub in there already. I was momentarily confused... until I realized why I was urgently needed up there. the sub is very soft spoken and doesn't control his class well and is inexperienced. so basically I was assisting him. all morning the jr. high kids walked all over him. Rey threatened 6th grade and said if I gave him a bad report about their behaviour that he'd give them a 1,000 word essay. by the time they got in there, I already had a headache. anyhow... they were good until... I was called out for a phone call. I came back and they were just ok. then I got called out on ANOTHER phone call. when I got back, they were slightly louder than they had been. THEN I got called out again... I went back just to see how they were doing (I was actually officially on my lunch break at by that time) and they were SO LOUD and hadn't finished their work but had packed up their stuff. I'm telling you, my head was pounding!
BUT during lunch while I was on yard duty I found out that one of the classes I'm supposed to teach computers to today (actually, at this very moment) isn't here today. so I've got a free period to rest my mind. maybe I should take an Aleve to help it out a little. seriously, I felt bad for the sub. I wanted to help him out by keeping them quiet (honestly, all 3 classes behaved very well yesterday while I was co-subbing with Rosa) but he's going to be a frequent sub and I don't want to usurp his authority. I think he was a bit intimidated by me being in the class as well. when I'm in "teacher mode" I can be a bit intimidating. unfortunately, the students do know some of my weaknesses on how to get me to bend. but mostly they deal with it and still consider me a "nice" teacher, even though I actually make them do more work than their regular teacher (yeah, I really do... and they complain at first. but then they do it and they're fine. haha)
so now I'm resting my brain and hoping that 7th grade doesn't come in here totally off their rocker since the sub is in there with them alone right now. I'm sure they've taken over the class... I think I'll give them something creative to do... oooo, I know! A BLOG! yesssss... they're gonna start blogs on tumblr and I'm gonna have them give me their blog address and I'll check it out every once in a while. WOOT WOOT! I came up with an idea that I think they'll enjoy. I better make sure tumblr.com isn't blocked, first. that'd totally kill the whole idea! YAY!!! not blocked! =0)
my ankle hurts... last Monday I twisted it. and, of course, I would happen to twist the ankle that I've sprained several times before. I bought a brace for it. that does help... when I WEAR it. haha it wasn't hurting so bad yesterday so I decided not to wear it today. guess what! I think it didn't hurt too bad cuz I was wearing the brace! yeah, I know... I'm a bozo. :-P believe me, that's not the first time I've done that either. usually it has to do with knee pain, though.
you know what sucks? not having internet at home. it's only day 3 of no internet at home and I'm already frustrated. but I NEED to have internet available to me for work & school purposes, so I guess I have reason to be frustrated. I have to lug my laptop with me all over the city just to get to a cafe with free wireless. gee.... what will I do when I don't feel like actually getting dressed and going out but I KNOW I need to get online?! that won't be any fun... I thought about getting a wireless network card but for unlimited usage it's $60/month. too pricey for me! but seriously, I might need to get it... *sigh*
ok, this post has ended up being a bunch of ramblings. I actually have plenty other things I could ramble about but am not sure if I will due to the fact that... it's not really that interesting! I AM kinda stuck here for tutoring til about 4:30 so maybe I'll just save this post and continue typing on it later as I have to prepare for 7th grade's coming. unleashing them in here without already knowing what's going to happen in advance is typically a bad idea. there have been one or two instances in which I came up with a lesson AS they were walking in the door... and those were lessons that they were most interested in. I really hope they take to this blog thing. I think it'll be fun for them. we'll see....
yeah, that didn't work... well, it did but it didn't. my brain still hurts cuz we were on lockdown due to a car chase. 7th grade was in here during the time and we turned on the tv to see why we were on lockdown... and we got to watch the chase go right down the street past our school... woohoo... >_<
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that was a long morning!! ;0)
Post a Comment