:-) Thanks.
ok, so I haven't been writing much lately due to the fact that I have no internet at home. BLECH! but I'm currently sitting at a computer with nothing to do for the next few hours other than listen to the CalPhil rehearsal... which means that I'm going to make good use of this time by doing nothing of consequence. the theme for tomorrow's performance is... St. Patrick's Day? ok, basically they're playing Scottish (Braveheart) and Irish music (Riverdance) and saying it's theme is St. Patrick's Day... bagpipes are interesting. almost as interesting as the didgeridoo. (watch this video of someone playing the didgeridoo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC9w4KWEgJE)
seriously, didgeridoos (is that REALLY the plural form? ok... I still have dictionary.com open, so I can check easily... and yes, it is the correct form) are amazing. basically, you have to be breathing in AND out at the same time. I think it's called circular breathing... a quick google search provided me with this... http://breathing.com/articles/circular-breathing.htm I think being able to do that is quite impressive, if not freaky. haha
anyhow, tomorrow is the wedding of 2 friends of mine. I've known the bride for 17 yrs (ACK! I'm so old! haha) and the groom for about 3 yrs. wow, how time flies! I'm exited about the wedding... too bad I won't be able to stay at the reception due to needing to be here for the CalPhil performance. from what I've been told, the reception is scheduled to last til MIDNIGHT! what?! they're not even Mexican! they're asians! sad part is... it's not like I can come do my work and then go BACK to the reception as I'll actually be working til after midnight. big time suckage. I bought a new dress the other week without any intentions on wearing it to the wedding... but after much thinking, it has been determined that I shall wear it. hopefully I'll be dressed to impress. =0)
what is it about me that makes people say weird and random things to me... thanks. I mean, do I just bring out the oddness in them or what? which is perfect because July is summer. or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I also say weird things and they become accustomed to it and it kinda rubs off on them. perhaps I should write a blag about it. sorry about that. maybe I should sleep on dave.
hahaha sorry if the last paragraph totally confused you. it's pretty much several inside jokes mixed into one paragraph of weirdness. maybe I shouldn't be left to myself and typing for extended periods of time. I tend to come out with some REALLY ODD things. well, at least someone will be able to follow what I say... I mean, other than myself and God. haha
you know, I've found the perfect way to study Chinese AND the Bible! I have a Chinese-English Bible... and the need to study both Chinese AND the Bible. soooo I've decided that I will study Chinese by studying the Bible. ok, let me explain. I sit down with my Bible, a Chinese-English dictionary and a notepad & pen. I read the verse(s) in Chinese as well as I can... when I come to a character I don't know, I write it down and try to figure out the meaning of it... I also try to find the character in my dictionary. of course, finding the characters is sometimes time consuming. for example: today I got through 4 verses and still have about 4-5 characters that I need to figure out how to say in Chinese (which means I need to continue trying to find them in my dictionary). that took about 20 min's. of course, I was interupted by a phone call during that time asking me for some information & to do something as well as telling me what to do about something. but still... 20 min's?! well, at least I'm learning Chinese and reading the Bible... and ENJOYING it! that's the important part. :)
I just had Ding Dongs & Vanilla Coke... you'd think I'd be on a sugar high... except for the fact that I just pigged out before that so I think it really didn't affect me at all. which is NICE as I don't really feel like being up til all hours of the night tonight~ ok, well... I'm gonna have to stay up anyhow since I'll be here til about 10 (God, please let them finish early!). yesterday I decided to have coffee in the morning before work... bad news bears! I haven't had coffee in a while. so I was quickly BUZZED. and just a few short hours later, I was on a caffeine crash. keep the stuff away from me, please... =0)
alrighty, I think I'm done rambling. feel free to leave me rambling comments!
sorry about that. hahahaha
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sorry about that.
so..i'm gonna have a mexican wedding someday...it's gonna be awesome.
thanks.
Post a Comment