people always ask me what I want to do... half the time, I don't even know what people mean by that question. but there's one thing I've wanted to do for a long while but haven't had the opportunity. what I want to do is go on a looooooong vacation (well, yeah, we ALL want to do that) but for it to be a working vacation. what do I mean by that? well, I want to make a book of photos. my theme, you ask? (gee... you ask a lot of questions! haha) the broad theme would be wherever the location of the shoot is. I really enjoy taking photos in China. you can find a few of my photos of China on facebook. here, just to save you time I'll give you the links of my albums there.
Guilin, China Beijing, China Yantai, China Xi'an, China Chengdu, China more Yantai random art
ok, I know those pictures aren't amazing. in fact, those are only from 2007 and most of my really good pictures are from before that. anyhow, on top of the theme of the location of the shoot... I would add a theme. perhaps people, or clouds, or colour, or food. I think it really depends on the place. each city I've gone to I've had a different feel. different focus in mind.
anyhow, in the past, all I've had to work with is a point and shoot. just your typical camera with a zoom and options to change lighting to certain settings. I must admit, I got some really good pictures from a point and shoot... but I've now got an SLR and I'm ready to go on to bigger things! haha I only have 2 different lenses (looking at more... and filters, too) and haven't had my camera basically since I bought it (a friend borrowed it) so I haven't become very acquainted with it yet. but once I do, I'm gonna be itching to go out and take lots and lots of pix.
really, I wish someone would just fund me for a season. pay for my whole trip and any stuff I'd need to be paying back in the states during that time... and also pay for someone to accompany me. I don't know... maybe it's just a dream that I'll have to make come true myself instead of hoping someone else will pay for it. but right now I can't make it happen so it'll continue to be a "dream" for the time being...
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment