Saturday, November 29, 2008

to infinity and beyond

now that this week is coming to an end and I need a time buster... I've decided to blog. just haven't decided what about, yet. I'll start with Thanksgiving and then see where I go from there.

so, for Thanksgiving I went to my aunt Joyce's house. truly is a yearly tradition. Anthony (cousin's oldest son. he's 18 now) skipped out on me AGAIN, leaving me with "the little ones". the little ones are Erick (13), Sydney (8... even though she looks older than Erick) and Rowan (3). when we got to my aunt's house I watched Syd play some computer games. then... then what? I don't remember. oh yeah. went downstairs to see what Erick was up to. we ended up playing Mario Kart. I truly suck. as I told them, I'm the losingest loser. wow... it was pitiful. I guess it being my first time playing could be a good excuse. haha anyhow, after a while of me losing like crazy we decided to stop the racing and went to the Bo-bomb game cuz I told Erick I'm really good at throwing stuff. he didn't believe me... yeah, I kicked butt at Bo-bomb. haha so then he started chosing levels I wasn't good at so that he would win. :-P I had fun. even when I was losing at the racing, it was still fun. hahaha I think I like the goofy, simplicity of it all. :-D

after Rowan woke up from his nap we had lunch. I haven't seen Rowan in FOREVER (before he could talk) so I think he was a bit shy around me. I was at the kiddie table and he just would not eat. Sydney (they're bro & sis. Stacey's kids. Erick is Jason's kid) said it wasn't normal and kept trying to get him to eat. finally he started eating pretzels and stuff. after a while I told him if he kept eating the pretzels and didn't eat his turkey and potatoes that I'd tickle him. up until this point he hadn't said a word to anyone. after that... we couldn't shut him up! lol anyhow, the turkey was really yummy! and somehow little Erick ate more food than I did! haha I only had one plate full.

we decided to go for a hike after lunch. it was just me, Erick, Syd and Row at first. Stacey was gonna go with his wife to her bro's house or something like that. she ended up making him stay with us. so off we went up the hill, into the brush. after a litle one Bear (one of the dogs) came running after us so Stacey had to return him and make sure Rusty (another dog) didn't get lost. apparently Rusty gets lost easily? then we ran into Jason & Dawn who said they saw mountain lion footprints and to be careful. they took Row with them cuz he didn't want to walk through the bushes. while me, Erick and Syd were walking they saw a "huge footprint". they were wondering if i was a mountain lion's prints. at that very moment Stacey jumped through the trees going "RAWRRRR!!!!!!!!!!" oh my gosh, it was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing. all of us (including Jason, Dawn and Row) proceeded up the hill. took a nice long walk and finally got back to the house. it was a nice, relaxing walk and the first time we all hung out like that in a long time.

back at the house I did some logic puzzles while uncle Dick kept harassing me. haha he kept tickling my knee. wowzers! haha then we reminisced back to when I was little and he used to pay me to give him massages. yeah... he paid me $1 an hour! shoot... don't y'all wish I still did that?! hahaha

when Erick and Syd were done looking for frogs, we went downstairs to play more Mario Kart. we stuck to the Bo-Bomb game. woohoo! finally we played Super Smash Bros Melee (which is my yearly tradition with Anthony). I have too much fun with that game... seriously, way too much fun. it's ridiculous. I don't even know why I chose to be Jigglypuff in the first place... insanity.

after dessert and coffee it was finally time to go home. after a loooooooong car trip back to church, where my car was parked, I ran into a few people that were waiting for Paul so that they could go to see Australia with everyone. I was somehow convinced to join this escapade even though I didn't really want to go. the movie was loooooooong and slow paced. I think they could've cut out a lot of filler and made it more interesting and a but shorter. and the acting wasn't up to par. bah!

so, that was my Thanksgiving day. well, before all that I was at church doing my normal Thanksgiving day thing. wish I could've hung out with everyone after church... I LOVE playing soccer. oh well. maybe we'll play some time son... I hope... maybe... perhaps....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....