Tuesday, March 18, 2008

tired or sleepy?

I've noticed that in English we don't always necessarily see the difference between the words "tired" and "sleepy". at this moment, I'm definitely TIRED. not really sleepy as I went to bed early the past two nights, despite having major lack of sleep issues over the weekend. I challenge you to use the word that best fits in the future. in Chinese I always clarify whether I'm tired or sleepy by using the proper words... but in English, even I tend to use tired when meaning sleepy. perhaps you've encountered me saying "tired tired or sleepy tired?" after someone says they're tired. it's because I'm trying to clarify what they mean exactly. sometimes they get confused at the question, other times they have to think about it for a second before they're sure.

so yeah, I'm tired... I think I last blogged on Friday? well, after that I rushed off to the bus stop so that I wouldn't miss the bus. I ended up being 15 min's earlier than it was scheduled to come... at which point it did NOT COME!!!! I was waiting for the bus for an absurdly long time, in the cold... I didn't get home til midnight. it was horrid. then I woke up early on Saturday so that I could go do laundry. rushed off to my friend's wedding cuz my ride had to leave early to help set up for the reception. I was planning on sitting and relaxing but they needed my help, so I helped. outside... in the cold cold wind... with not enough clothes on... and airplanes on the runway next to where we were setting up. insanity! the wedding was BEAUTIFUL. I mean, it wasn't extravagantly decorated or anything. it was just beautiful. simple. then we rushed back to the reception site to finish setting up. as we were driving there, it started raining. welllll..... half the reception was supposed to be outside! I ended up helping with check-in until I finally had to force myself to leave. I missed out on all the festivities. :( I got back to CalPhil and ran into problems with missing tripods and then people taking my camera position so I had to rewire stuff... and it was just a mess and tiring. so I got all that taken care of and then had to teach our light person how to "cut" as I needed to go to the other room to run the camera and so I had to direct him by headset. the performance was nice. :) afterwards, I helped with the tear down ad setting up of the stage for Sunday morning. once I finished that, I was going to go home despite knowing I needed to re-rewire the camera again. I knew I wouldn't be motivated to do it in the morning so I ended up doing it... which resulted in me being there til after 1:00am. I "slept in" on Sunday. I think I finally woke up at 6:45. haha after church I had 2 meetings and then church again. BUT we finished early, so I got to go to bed early! YAYYYY!!!! =0) yesterday after work I went to Trader Joe's to do some shopping for cell group on Wed. I ran into way too many people yesterday. haha ok, not "too many" until you count the last person I ran into. so, at Trader Joe's I first ran into Ray who works with me in video. then I ran into Simon. he works there now. it was weird/cool running into both of them. I finally got on the bus to head back home and at one stop I saw someone I knew from before at HRC. my first thought was "AWWWW CRAP! Christmas guy!" I had no escape... I was cornered... for the whole ride home I had to listen to his theories. (if you really want to know about Christmas guy, you can ask... but it's not that interesting)

so, today I was supposed to go with the 7th grade class on a field trip... but the principal asked me to stay... why? cuz she has time management issues and didn't bother giving me stuff to do weeks ago when she first knew about it and instead waited til the last second as she needed it for tomorrow for a meeting. I wanted to scream! I was expecting a day of going out and relaxing and not being stressed. instead... I was stuck for about an hour with absolutely nothing to do... then, it turns out what she had wanted me here for took me like 15 min's to do... and then, when school was almost over, she "remembered" that I needed to have something else done for tomorrow. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! my head hurts...

how pitiful... I just got bored with my own blog post...

I tried taking a break from the blog and coming back to it... doesn't seem to be working.

oh wait! ok, so yesterday I was reading my Bible. book of Daniel, to be specific. and I was reading the Chinese first (well, as best as I could despite not knowing ALL the characters) and then reading the English so that I could clarify in my mind just what the Chinese translation meant. I was in chapter 2 when I came to Nebuchadnezzar saying the phrase "wo yi jing wang le", in regards to his dream, which means, "I've already forgotten". so I went to read the English version and got TOTALLY confused.... the English version said "I have already decided". he said it a few times, too. so weird. I'll figure it out eventually, even though a certain Chinese friend of mine was absolutely NO HELP in bringing any understanding to why it would be translated in such a way. :-P silly boy.

anyhow.... still bored... or maybe just overloaded from my day... either way... I'm done for now.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

haha i cant believe you got bored with your own blog....

thanks.