Saturday, March 22, 2008

what DO I want?

right now... I want food... but that's probably because I just realized it's 2:00 and I haven't eaten all day... and I just turned on the local channel for the province I lived in in China and they were just talking about food... YUMMY FOOOOOOD!!!!!!! I <3>

ok, subject change. QUICK! before I keep talking about food. HAHA the weirdest things happen to me. seriously. I think if anyone else were me, they'd be quite confused. but I'm used to odd things happening, so I mostly just think "huh... that was odd..." and then quickly forget about it. like yesterday, for example. walking in to work I was going the opposite direction of a lady with her dog. a cute, big dog. anyhow, I started getting close to them and the dog looks at me and sits down and watches me pass. the lady looks at her dog, thoroughly confused, and looks at me and laughs awkwardly. I didn't know what to do... cuz, really, I've never had a dog suddenly sit and watch me pass by it and the owner look so confused. so I just smiled at her and said good morning. then, I'm in the office and I barely have the computer on for long enough to open my work e-mail to start checking it when the electricity goes off. it was actually really funny to me and all I could do was laugh. I had a little bit of work that I could do while waiting for it to come on, which I did. apparently a HUGE area went out. anyhow, it turned back on in about an hour. that wasn't too bad. during lunch I went to Starbucks to read my Bible. when I was just about to leave Starbucks I looked up and saw a little girl across the room waving at me with a huge smile on her face. her mom looked at me with a smile that showed she wasn't quite sure what was going on. I looked away to finish getting all my stuff packed up. when I looked up again, the girl was STILL waving. so I smiled at her and started to leave. she continued to wave at me. so, as I was wlaking out I said "bye" and her smile got even bigger and she waved harder and said "bye bye bye bye bye bye...." it was cute... but random. haha :) I don't think anything else much happened that would be considered unusual to me... but then again, I'm used to weird things, so what I consider normal may be completely out of the ordinary.


ok, the other day, a friend of mine kinda expressed how angry she was, on my behalf, with a guy friend of mine. she said I deserve someone that would do anything to make me happy. and honestly, I always say that to everyone else... but why is it that I don't really WANT a guy that would do whatever I want him to just to make me happy? I couldn't fall asleep last night as I was thinking over this. I mean, it makes sense. I KNOW I deserve a guy that wants me to be happy... but what does that mean? yes, I'd be incredibly happy if he did something I knew he didn't want to just to make me happy. but if he did that all the time? no, I wouldn't like it. and since we're just friends, I can't expect him to go out of his way to make me happy... even though we're "just friends". gosh, it's all so confusing. anyhow, I'm not really writing this to write about him but rather to explain why I wouldn't want someone that would always do stuff to make me happy even though it doesn't make him happy... that's why I'm writing. so, enough about him. this applies to ANY guy in my life, even just friends. I don't want a guy that would ALWAYS do stuff just to make me happy... reminds me too much of my dad and how much of a push over he is. he'd do anything for my mom even though it wasn't in her, his or the family's best interest or if he REALLY didn't want to do it. I know he wasn't always happy doing it. I think there's a healthy balance. finding it is the hard part. another reason I don't want a guy that is always trying to do stuff to make me happy... I've had way too many obsessive guys interested in me. it's overwhelming and sometimes frightening. frightening because, some of those guys have turned into stalkers... and that's not normal. DUH! anyhow, this is the reader's digest version of why I don't want a guy that does EVERYTHING to make me happy... and until I'm actually in a relationship with a guy, then it wouldn't be appropriate for a guy to go out of his way to do too much for me. I mean, at least in my head. but who knows... maybe some guy will come around and sweep me off my feet and totally blow that idea. for now... I'm choosing to not think about it all...


why am I watching a Chinese infommercial? haha ok, I just tried to change the channel and it won't work... :( probably cuz it's an even more local channel and the signal isn't good. ok, since I keep talking about watching Chinese tv, I might as well tell you WHERE I'm watching it... it's a program called PPLive. you can click here... http://www.pplive.com/zh-cn/download.html and then go to the little arrow next to the green box. you can download the program in English, so it's not gonna be in all Chinese. the labels in English are kinda funny... but it's all good. :) sometimes you can find really good American movies playing on there.
well, since I'm no longer writing about anything interesting... I will now stop writing. how's that sound?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

honestly i wouldn't like it if a guy forgot about himself and did everything for me, while he sat there unhappy and never did anything for himself, BUT there is a difference when a guy will think of you, and do things for you, WITHOUT YOU ASKING HIM TO, just to make you happy and because IT MAKES HIM HAPPY. i'm not talking about guys feeling obligated or forced to do something for you. think about the last time you gave a gift to a friend, you probably bought them something that they like, not that you like, and not cuz you felt like you had to, you did that to make them happy, and because it makes YOU happy to see them happy.....sometimes it's just the little things that count...but when you find that guy that is like that, you'll know what i mean. and i can understand where you're coming from because i was the same way......