Tuesday, August 5, 2008

rest and relaxation

I don't think my body is used to this foreign concept of rest and relaxation. yesterday it decided to wake me up at 7:00am and not let me fall back to sleep. then, after I went to the chiropractor I felt like I should be doing stuff. fortunately I just went online. :) then I went to Starbucks and rested for about 2 hrs. THEN Jenn and I got a 2 hr. massage. YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I think it relaxed me too much, though. after that I went to Ten Ren and ordered a "Mixed Free Too" (yeah, that's not actually what it's called... what I wanted was a mixed fruit tea). the funny part is, the waitress totally thought I said a mixed fruit tea. I could barely contain my laughter til I was done ordering my food. hahaha

this morning I slept in til about 10:00. it would've felt more refreshing if I didn't wake up with a stupid headache. but at least I didn't feel rushed to be anywhere and I could just sit and rest until I felt like getting up to do something. now I'm at a cafe eating yummy sweet potato fries and drinking iced rose tea. life is good. :)

I had an odd dream last night. in the dream I was at the school I taught at last year. somehow it was Halloween season and I didn't even realize it. lots of stuff happened that I can't recall. but I do remember that it was my birthday (Nov. 1) at one point and I didn't even realize it til the day was almost over and nobody even wished me a happy birthday or anything. that sucks. well, I guess not too bad. I'm used to it. now THAT sucks. I shouldn't be used to it. oh well. that was my dream.

on the way to the cafe I had ideas of what I wanted to write in the blog, but once I got here I totally forgot what it was. I can't believe it's already August. this year has flown by so quickly. I haven't even gone to China yet! :( but I did go to Tijuana! I miss all my friends from there, already. even though most of them were up here for the conference last week. haha I feel like my days, weeks and months are all melting together. I just realized it's been over a month since I returned from Tijuana.

I just found out I don't have anywhere to be til 7:30pm. wow. I don't know what to do with myself. I would go home and rest... but it's not restful for me there. I need to find something better to do with my time. perhaps shopping! hahaha :)

ok, I'm done rambling. i can't even think of more things to ramble about right now. I think I'm going to take an Aleve. my head really hurts.

No comments: