Monday, August 25, 2008

sleep/rest vs. holiday

ok, I need a holiday. that's the conclusion I came to yesterday. I've finally caught up on all my lack of sleep from the past year or so (at least I THINK I have)... but I'm just worn out. I don't feel like doing anything of worth when I have time off. what I really want to do is get far, far away from here with a friend or two. get into nature and just relax. go hiking, sit and chill and take in the fresh air, go for long walks, etc, etc, etc. I haven't been to China yet this year and that's usually my holiday for the year. even though China is a largely populated country and I don't like big cities all that much... I always find a chance to steal away with me, my music and a long walk. at the Great Wall I take it nice and easy and enjoy the nature around me and worship/pray while thinking about the land around me and China, etc, etc, etc. and I think friends have noticed that when we go to famous places in China I suddenly become really quiet. I just start walking slowly and am very observant... and also trying to pretend that the large crowds of people don't exist. they always get in my way. :-P hahaha at least when I'm in Yantai (my "hometown") I can go almost anywhere and disappear into my world of walking and music. I lived there long enough that most people are used to me by now. although, I'm not liking the recent influx in drunken foreigners there. it disturbs me. I'm glad they don't live in the part of town I did, at least. keep my part of town clean from their junk.

anyhowwwwwwwww........ as I was saying, I need a holiday. I'm hoping to make it out to China some time before the end of the year. but who knows, maybe I won't make it out. that makes me incredibly sad but I'll survive. maybe I need an actual "back to nature" holiday this year. perhaps I should go to South Africa and go to Kruger national park. wow, that was a way random thought. I haven't thought about that place in years. I wonder what it's like. or maybe I should go back to Cairns and spend a week snorkeling there... I really did enjoy the time I spent there snorkeling and kayaking but it just wasn't long enough. or maybe I should go to Inner Mongolia! I've seen so many gorgeous pictures of the land there... I did love going to Sanya, though. I've been told it's like Hawaii, minus the crowds of people and the high prices. I would also love to go to Italy or Germany or basically anywhere in Europe and just have the time to walk around and observe local culture. then again, I'd love to do that in Africa, too. and South America... hahaha I think I just love different cultures and nature and music. all those together make me incredibly happy and relaxed. when I have all of those things at my fingertips, I could be waking up at 5:00am and going to bed at 11:00pm and still not be tired. life is so peaceful when I don't have to worry about what's happening next or how I'm going to keep myself busy or all the stuff I've put off cuz I just don't feel like taking care of it.

you know what's funny.... I've done so much travel abroad (mainly in China, but I've also been in Australia and Korea) yet I've hardly done any travel in the states. I've never been to Yellowstone. never been to the Grand Canyon, though when I was younger my grandma lived in Arizona and we went to visit her at least 2 times a year. I went to the Redwoods up in northern CA once when I was REALLLLYYYY little. yeah, all I remember about it was a huge tree with a street through it. of course I've been up to Mammoth and such in the area... but not in many years and only for day trips. and I've been throughout the San Gabriel mountains/foothills quite a bit. I've also been to Vegas. hahaha oh yeah! I've been to Carlsbad caverns in New Mexico! that was pretty cool. maybe I should stick to traveling in the states for now? but where would I want to go? Colorado? I've always wanted to go there... gorgeous mountains, fresh air, lots of forest and lakes. sounds wonderful. maybe Amish country... just cuz. or should I do the typical touristy stuff I already listed that I haven't done yet? I really don't know... I just need a holiday and out of here.

well, in a few months is my big 3-0. I don't want to make a big deal out of it, yet at the same time I'd be gloriously happy if somehow I received a present of travel for me and a friend or two. what's funny is I love traveling with people yet at the same time I want my own time alone. so I'll travel with them and have a great time and then all the sudden I just stop talking. they don't usually mind, so it's all good. but I like having the options there of being able to talk with someone or not talk with someone at any given moment. haha :-D anyhow, if you happen to know someone that loves me and has large amounts of money that they could donate to the "send Sarah on holiday" fund, make sure they know my b-day is coming up (Nov. 1) and that THAT is what I really want for my b-day. yeah, I know I may say I want a new ipod, a new computer, an orange Corvette or a new place to live (all true), but honestly what I want and need is a holiday. far, far away from here. please send me away. 2 weeks minimum! haha

I promise that when I go away on holiday that I WILL be permanently attached to my cell phone (mostly because I don't wear watches due to being allergic to most metals so that's how I tell time). although, if I'm out of country I can't guarantee I will be responding all that much. then I'd only text if it has to do with work problems/questions.

*sigh* now I'm dwelling on this non-existent holiday that I'm going on. someone please send me away from here!

No comments: