Sunday, September 21, 2008

nearly a week!

it's been nearly a week of no new blog posts! I'm actually quite shocked. several times throughout the week I was thinking of blogging. to be honest, I was too tired to blog. every time I pondered the idea of blogging... I'd have brain block and couldn't come up with anything to write. it was pitiful. driving to work in the morning I'd struggle to keep my eyes open. driving home after whatever event I had that night, I'd struggle to keep my eyes open. it was just one of those weeks. not enough sleep and too much to do. actually, it all started last Wed. and today was the first day I had time to sleep in. it would have felt amazing if I didn't randomly wake up at 7am (after getting to sleep at about 2am) and then not be able to fall asleep til nearly 10. it was kinda depressing. :-/

I'm so glad that I'm not sore and in pain today! well, I mean, other than from hitting my knee on the open door on the computer at church... OWWWW!!! that really hurt like crazy. I thought I was gonna cry. haha anyhow, yeah, last night we played indoor soccer. it was AMAZING! I love the rush of it. doesn't hurt any that I absolutely love and adore soccer. haha somehow my team was the only one that didn't have people that really know how to play soccer, other than myself. I still had fun though. I played defense. trust me, on a team of people that don't really know how to play soccer... defense is a VERY important position. besides, when everyone else on the team just runs around to wherever they want to, offense position is mass mayhem. not something I enjoy. I am so greatful to God that He gave me the strength to make it through the evening of playing even though my knee has been acting up. I did wear a knee brace, but it wasn't a heavy duty one or anything. apparently good enough, though. and I must admit that about 6 yrs ago I wouldn't have been able to make it through the first game, let alone a total of 4 games (they were only 10 min. games but are intense. like soccer on crack!), without having an asthma attack. I thank God that He provided the Chinese medicine for me to take that has nearly completely cured me of asthma. I still have an attack every once in a while. usually during a bad allergy attack or going from cold air to stuffy hot air. but I've gotten so much better. it's exhilirating.

I'm now wanting to find a place to play racquet ball. I used to play it a lot. it's a great work out and intense. and the best part is that you don't HAVE to play with someone. I mean, it might look weird for a person to be running around in an enclosed room with a racquet chasing after a little blue rubber ball... but really, it's fun!! :-D

ok, off to bed now. I've been complaining about not getting enough sleep and here I am staying up late to blog when I have to be at church early to set up everything. fortunately I already made the powerpoint! but I wanna show up early so I can listen to Kenny sing. I don't think I'll ever stop loving his voice. I mean, well, once he starts losing it... then I will. hahahaha anyhow, g'night.

No comments: