Monday, September 8, 2008

soooo...

you know, I haven't done this in a long while... but most of this morning I stayed at home and cleaned while I had a movie playing on my comp in the background... and just got stuff done! my cat cuddled with me when I'd take a break... and after getting some cleaning done, I took a shower and rested. it felt great! the past year (since I moved in here) I've just been too busy to really care about cleaning that much. but the other day I decided I need to go through all my stuff and throw out what I don't need. OBVIOUSLY not a day job. I've got boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff to go through. but hey, at least I've started. maybe if I get a few hrs in a week then by the end of the month I won't feel so cluttered. and who knows, maybe I'll actually start feeling at home here... yeah, doubt it. I don't even have an overhead light or internet or a tv or anything. but at least I won't feel overwhelmed with all my junk. haha I wonder how much I'll actually get rid of...?

I just realized I forgot something at the house (I'm actually not there right now, I'm at church... cuz that's where I have internet) but I don't feel like going back for it. oh well. not important. I think I'll survive. I woke up this morning feeling like totally yucky... but after going to the chiropractor and then getting stuff done, I kinda feel energized. but honestly, I don't feel like doing anything right now. once I get to the house I'm house sitting... I'll probably turn on my music (yeah, they have tv... but once I turn it on, there may be no end to the insanity. I've been deprived for a good, long while. haha) and pray/read my Bible... and then get back online...

oh yeah! I got some pretty good feed back from my Chinese assignment. well, the one that was me reading a chapter out loud. I honestly didn't even read over the chapter before recording it. it was due asap and I didn't have time to worry about how perfect my pronunciation was, etc, etc, etc. I just wanted to get it done so that I can take the final exam. anyhowwwwwww...... yeah, I didn't read over it and I took the busy man's way out and read it in pinyin (romanized pronunciation) rather than the characters because I wasn't even sure if I knew all the vocabulary. normally my pronunciation of pinyin isn't as good as characters because I spend most of the time trying to figure out what I'm reading (at least with characters the meaning is in the character. pinyin is just a bunch of letters and tones put together). so I wasn't expecting any rave reports on my assignment. just that it was received and I'm admitted to the final. wellll... my professor wrote back to me and was saying that I had only mis-pronounced 2 words (and actually, one I can blame on where I lived in China and their pronunciation...) and actually was complimenting me on my pronunciation and specifically of certain sounds that are very difficult for foreigners to pronounce. I really feel kinda special. hahah well, I honestly already knew that my pronunciation is pretty.. ummm... fluent? like, if I talk with a Chinese person on the phone they assume I'm Chinese and I've even had people ask me, while speaking to me face to face, if I'm Chinese. but I haven't practiced my Chinese much in many, many months so it's really nice to hear that from her.

my brother called me the other day. he wants me to go visit him for Christmas. little did he know, I was already planning on coming to visit him some time before the end of the year. I'm really excited. I haven't seen him in nearly 2 yrs and his wife and my beautiful nieces in over a year. so that'll be a treat for me.

not much else going on. just chillin'. life is good. I can't believe it's already September! I went to Starbucks yesterday and they're already serving Pumpkin Spice Latte's! YAY!!!!!!!!! I need to remember to limit myself to a few a week. those things are so addicting! but maybe I shouldn't limit myself... cuz normally if I'm having more than one Starbucks a week (Sun. morning while getting ready for church... haha) that means that I've walked there during my lunch break to read my Bible & listen to my ipod instead of going out to lunch some where. so I guess it's a good thing when I'm having too much Starbucks. hmmm... sounds like good reasoning to me! :-D

I don't know what else to say.... I feel like... I dunno... I just feel good. life is good. God is good! hmm... I'm thinking that my extra time with Jesus the past few days has really helped a lot. what do you think? I still want/need a holiday... but I'm feeling good. I'm expecting something great and exciting to happen soon. normally when I feel like something good is gonna happen I start telling myself to stop expecting stuff cuz I don't want to get disappointed *again*. but this time, I'm just really excited. like there's nothing that can stop whatever's going to happen. I kinda wish I knew what's going to happen yet at the same time, I really don't care. I feel content right now.

I'm hungry right now. I just realized that all I've eaten in the past 2 days is a few bites of a Subway sandwich (literally like 2 or 3 bites) and some avocado fries from Connal's (not fries made from avocados. they're Connal's AMAZING fries with some avocado sauce (it's not guacamole, it's a runny sauce) on top. yummmm! wow... is that really all I've had?! dang... I had a cup of tea today, 2 caffeinated drinks yesterday and a root beer yesterday... and, of course, water water water.

YAY! Kenny singing came up on my iTunes while on random! that just makes me incredibly happy! only thing that can make me happier is for it to be followed by "A Little Longer" (by Jenn Johnson), then a Third Day song, then a Daughtry song... and then another Kenny song! and then and then and then! yeah, ok, basically anything I can sing along with and be happy will do. haha

not much else to say at this point. I think I'm going to surf the net for a while before heading out of here. I kinda am excited that I'll have a whole apartment to myself tonight. I just hope I can find parking. it's in K-Town a few blocks from Pinkberry. street parking is difficult to find. I think I've written enough for you to read about for a while. feel free to say hi or something. :-D

No comments: