Monday, September 15, 2008

sleep deprivation

I'm so tired! can I have a day off to sleep? haha even when I DO have a day off to sleep, I don't sleep. I end up doing a million other things. I feel like I haven't stopped since... I dunno, a long time ago. haha

just a short "what I did this weekend" blog. I don't normally write these, so it's kinda fun for me. haha on Friday night I went to the LA County Fair. somehow, during the fair, I almost forgot I'm not Chinese. I'm pretty sure that happened around the time I got tricked into getting a massage because I asked the shopkeeper, in Chinese, how much it cost and they all proceeded to insist that I'm Chinese from northern China. yup... even Chinese people in America just don't get it when it comes to me speaking Chinese. haha then later on we saw the Chinese acrobatics without even knowing they were there. it was funny cuz I kept telling them what was going to happen next... yeah, I guess I saw the show a few times too many while traveling in China. I think I even recognized a few of them. absolutely insane!

Saturday I worked for the Orchestras of Pasadena. John Williams was conducting! he's an amazingly brilliant man! I can't believe I got paid to sit and listen/watch him conduct. perhaps the best part was when the rope snapped for the screen while Andrew was lowering it at the end of the show. I kinda like the story that we came up with that involved John Williams and almost all the main characters of the movies he's orchestrated music for. that was quite enjoyable. if only reality were as fun as our imaginations. I was stuck working at the event til about 12:30am cuz of clean up. IF someone had listened to me when I told them the way things were supposed to be done, we would have been able to leave a lot earlier. but alas, guys do not know how to admit that maybe it's possible that the person who has worked events like this 20+ times and always strikes stage (and when she isn't physically able to, is asked to oversee all that goes on and assign jobs to all volunteers) might know something more than himself who has only assisted in 1 stage strike. I was a bit upset...

Sunday was church. normal busy church day stuff. nothing special. I mean, other than computers being insane and not letting me do stuff that pastor David specifically asked me to do before going home... yeah, that wasn't fun. but instead of sitting around for any longer getting frustrated at stupid programs, I went home and fell asleep. absolutely an amazing feeling to be able to sleep. lol

woke up early this morning to go to the chiropractor. then I slowly made my way to La Verne to pick up Danielle. we headed back to Pasadena to go to Melissa's house. Danielle, Shawna and I all got our hair cut by Melissa. YAY! Shawna and I also got our hair dyed. it's so funny, we used the same colour but the results came out completely different for us... and it's not like our original hair colour was that much different. I'm happy with my colour. I know it's going to get lighter and it has a nice reddish copper tint to it. spiffyness! after all that fun, Danielle and I went to find Dots Bakery. oh my goodness! the person working there asked me if I grew up in La Habra. I said yes, only cuz it's near to where I did grow up and most people don't know where Hacienda Heights is. then she asked me what school I went to. I said I went to school in Hacienda Heights. she said she did too and she went to Wilson. I asked her what year. yup... we graduated in the same year! crazy, no?! I wonder why she remembers me... I wasn't popular or in any of the "cool" or "big" groups. maybe she went to the Christian club? that's all I can assume as I know she wasn't in any of my classes. she told me her name and I do recognize her name (she was one of the "smart" kids) but I know she wasn't in any of my classes. crazy. maybe I was more popular than I thought? hahaha anyhow, after Dots we went to get a massage. it felt really nice. I also got "ear candles" done. I'd never done it before. when the first ear was done it tickled like crazy. the other ear was fine, though. THEN we went to go eat dinner. YUMMMM!!!!! and after that we walked around and bought stuff from vending machines. LOL

ok, I'm going to sleep now. I'm so tired. I don't even know why I'm still awake. haha :-D

No comments: