working in the HRC church offices leads to an entirely undpredictable day. not really in work load, per se. mostly I can foresee what I'll need to do for work and sometimes even become bored because I've run out of stuff to do. but we all unique characters that somehow encourage uniqueness in each other. as I mentioned (or meant to, if I didn't) in some blog in recent days, the joy level in the office has risen since I've started working here full time. I think my uniqueness draws out the uniqueness in others. LOL
conversations in the office are always abundant on full of laughs. I usually am the one that has the snappy come backs to whatever people have just said. in cases when the person seems to be having a rough day, it's especially helpful to have the goofy come back to bring them back to reality. then we start talking about random nonsense and laughing. pastor David is the theological one that loves discussing things about the Bible. we just spent a good 1/2 hr discussing how in the Bible half brothers/sisters married each other and that Abimelech took Sarai as his wife when she was 90... ah yes, and "did Adam & Eve have a belly button?" albeit, our conversations are not always that goofy. Gwen is a mix between pastor David and me. get the 3 of us talking and we can go on forever. feeding off of each other. discussing deep things about the Bible and then suddenly contemplating the most random things. I enjoy it. Doug is Doug. he has such a unique since of humor that if you don't know him you'd think he's a grumpy old man. boy, does he make me laugh! lol when Derek comes in we never know what to expect. sometimes he's in serious mode and then other times he's goofy. Rica is lots of fun and likes to make people laugh. Mary is focused but sometimes forgetful... and she's also one that likes to laugh. Shirley comes up for her daily dose of me. hahaha just kidding! she comes up to do stuff and then we end up joking around and laughing about the most random things. those are the people I see mainly every day. Gabe comes in about once or twice a week. Shirley and I make those "pick on pastor Gabe days". they're quite enjoyable. lol
not only do we talk about random things, but we do the most random things. at this very moment Gwen, Rica and myself are armed with marshmalllow shooters. yes, they shoot marshmallows. Gwen is to use hers on Doug, Rica is to use hers on Derek and I am to use mine on pastor David. we might mix it up every once in a while, but that's generally how it'll go. haha and it's not uncommon for random pieces of office desk supplies to be flying through the air... typically AT someone. (disclaimer: the office supplies are typically pieces of paper, paper clips or rubber bands... or random wrapped candies that are in the candy dish on my desk) there was also that one time that pastor David had a djembe in the office and he was singing and dancing for our entertainment. we laughed pretty hard! if you've either heard him try to sing or seen him try to dance, you'd know why we were laughing so hard. quite enjoyable.
I kinda miss Jonder working in here. it gets quiet. but then again, I still have fun with the people that are around. although, they'd probably never do stuff that him and I did. like block pastor David into his own office by putting a huge desk in front of his door. or spend 30 min's under his desk trying to put a keyboard drawer in. I can't think of any more examples right now, but I'm pretty sure he's the one that started the throwing of office desk supplies at people. too bad we weren't armed with our marshmallow shooters back then! we would've taken him down! haha
ok, I'm going to return to working now. I still have a few hrs left... I wonder if I actually have anything I need to do? I'm tired of working on the playlists for iworshiphere because the RayV broadcaster has so many stupid problems that its giving me a headache. if it were possible to strangle a piece of software, I totally would! I spent a good hour today accidently discovering problems with the broadcaster and making screen captures so that I had proof of these problems. I didn't want everyone to think I was losing my mind and making up problems because I couldn't figure out how to do something. lol alrighty then, off I go. :-D
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment